Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Downton Abbey Style

Thanks to the Emmys on Sunday night a whole slew of us were introduced to the utter wonderfulness that is the PBS mini-series Downton Abbey.

After watching it win award after award and my obsession with anything taking place during the earlier 20th century (and in England to boot!), I was THRILLED to see Netflix had it available streaming instantly. Thank you Netflix, you managed to do something right since your ridiculous division of streaming vs dvd.

I am two episodes in and utterly mesmerized by it all. The plot, the characters, the accents, the dying class system they live in and the fashion are all swoon worthy. The dresses that the women of the show wear, particularity those by the wife and daughter of the Lord, are amazing and the silhouettes are timeless.

I did my best to pull a few pictures of the ladies outfits, but kept getting nervous I would stumble upon a spoiler....

Enjoy!






Photos Courtesy of PBS

No comments:

Post a Comment