Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Book Worm

I made a NYE resolution with myself this past January that didn't involve dieting or running but was still going to be a toughie..... 

I was going to cold-turkey quit Bravo TV, specifically Real Housewives which is my drug of choice, and read more.

GASP.

Full confession: I still read the EW recaps of each episode, I mean, I'm not a sadist.  I'm someone who wants to make sure the Richards Sisters on RHOBH are still narcissistic nut jobs.

But alas, I was saying goodbye to Andy Cohen's little 3 ring circus and saying hello to finally updating my Goodreads account on a regular basis.

So far this resolution has actually been fantastic. I set a goal of reading 50 books this year (I'm also a nut job, I know) and am at 16 books and counting.  Favorites so far have been:

Seating Arrangements
This will be a great summer beach read.  A waspy family with dirty secrets plans a New England wedding.  Hilarity and some messed-up incidents occur.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Have been meaning to see the movie (we all love ourselves the adorbs Emma Watson) but now not sure if I want to because the book was so good.  I literally finished it in one day.

That Woman: The Life of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor 
The original scandal-maker.  This book did a great job telling the drama surrounding the woman who forced King Edward to abdicate.  Fun fact: There is much speculation that Wallis Simpson was actually a hermaphrodite. 

Snobs
It is about super rich Brits. Julian Fellowes wrote it.  He created Downton Abbey.  Do you need any other reasons?  No? Ok good.



Stay tuned for more updates as I proceed to abandon RHONJ (I still am trying to reconcile with myself on that one) and proceed to read every word Jay McInerney has written about wine.  Cheers!

xo
T

No comments:

Post a Comment